Our team represents and counsels clients in a variety of insurance-related capacities, including insurance coverage, reinsurance, insurance defense, bad faith litigation, insolvencies and intermediary and agency disputes. We regularly provide our clients with advice on complex claims and coverage issues, contract wordings, regulatory matters, and litigation avoidance and risk management. We handle such matters on an efficient and cost-effective basis across a broad spectrum of lines, including errors and omissions, directors and officers, professional liability, general liability and first-party property insurance.
Our firm appears regularly in state and federal courts, arbitrations and mediations around the country, including in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Connecticut, California, Washington and Kansas. From contract wordings and coverage opinions to insurance defense and reinsurance litigation, our team has the experience, expertise and flexibility you need. Representative Matters:
- Recently obtained vacatur of a multi-million dollar reinsurance arbitration award based upon party arbitrator bias and non-disclosure.
- Obtained summary judgment for a global insurer in a $10 million coverage dispute involving Telephone Consumer Protection Act claims.
- Obtained summary judgment for an international insurance agent in a sports performance bonus coverage dispute.
- Represented insurer in coverage dispute arising from hundreds of underlying suits alleging bodily injury from asbestos-containing products.
- Obtained a $16.25 million recovery for global insurers in a complex commercial contract and fraud dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurer in a fidelity and crime coverage dispute.
- Obtained a $50.8 million award for a ceding insurer in a reinsurance arbitration.
- Obtained a Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court ruling approving a contested commutation and assumption reinsurance transaction worth $33.5 million.